We are pleased to offer cardiac services by Dr. Jonathan Goodwin and Dr. Cecelia Helenski. Cardiologists are veterinary specialists that diagnose and treat the disease of the heart.
Conditions managed by cardiologists include:
- Damage to the heart valves
- Heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathies)
- Congestive heart failure
- Coughing and other breathing problems
- Congenital (present at birth) defects
- Cardiac arrhythmias (problems with heart rate or rhythm)
The most common tests performed in pets with heart disease include:
Echocardiography: Noninvasive form of ultrasound that provides detailed images of the beating heart.
Electrocardiography (ECG): Recording of the heart’s electrical activity and rhythm.
Radiography (chest x-rays): Provides images of the heart and lungs and facilitates the diagnosis of congestive heart failure.